The condition of hire is between the hirer and the property owner (Craigmyle Estates Ltd). The contract is deemed to have been made once the hirer has confirmed the booking via the online booking mechanism or alternatively using the printable booking form. Bookings can not be taken without payment of 20% of the total cost. On receipt of either means of booking Craigmyle Estates Ltd will dispatch a confirmation email /letter. The Hirer must be over 18 years old at the time of booking.
The person who authorises the booking (The Hirer) will be responsible for all persons included within and should ensure that they are aware of the booking conditions. Craigmyle Estates Ltd reserves the right to decline any booking or refuse to hand over a key to any person who has not complied with the booking conditions. The Hirer agrees to pay the balance of the cost 2 calendar months before the holiday is due to start. If the balance is not received within the time specified the owner reserves the right to cancel the booking and retain the deposit and remarket the property as available.
For bookings made more than two months before arrival, a deposit of 20% of the total booking fee will only be effective if the official booking form is correctly completed and signed and duly confirmed by Craigmyle Estates Ltd. The balance, the remaining 80%, is due two months before the holiday commences. For bookings made less than two months before arrival, the total amount is payable.
The agreement between Craigmyle Estates Ltd and the hirer shall permit the hirer and members of the hirer’s party (but no one else) to occupy the property for holiday purposes only. No more than the maximum number of persons stated on the booking form may occupy the property unless by prior written agreement with Craigmyle Estates Ltd – extra charges may be applicable in such cases. The owner reserves the right to refuse admittance if this condition is not observed. The owner reserves the right to revoke or refuse prior to, or during the stay, any booking from parties which they consider to be unsuitable for the property.
Unless prior written agreement has been made with Craigmyle Estates Ltd, the property will be available for occupation after 2 pm on the first day of the holiday and must be vacated by 10 am on the last day.
When the holiday is booked The Hirer is entering in to a legally binding contract. If forced to cancel, for whatever reason, Craigmyle Estates Ltd should be advised as soon as possible in writing. Providing the cancellation is received not less than two months before the start of the holiday only the 20% deposit will be forfeited However if cancellation is received less than two months before the start on the holiday then The Hirer will be liable for the full hire amount. It may be possible for holiday dates to be changed providing the property is available for new dates and Craigmyle Estates Ltd is agreeable to the change. A re-booking charge may be payable.
The Hirer agrees:
It is very important to Craigmyle Estates Ltd that the hirer has an enjoyable holiday at Cairngorm Bothies and in the unlikely event of a complaint the hirer should at a reasonable time contact Craigmyle Estates Ltd, or their agent, as stated in the welcome pack within the property. No complaints can be considered after departure from the property.
Craigmyle Estates Ltd cannot accept responsibility for any material loss, damage, additional expense or inconvenience directly or indirectly caused by or arising out of the property, its plumbing, electrical services or exceptional weather. No responsibility is accepted for loss or damage of the property, (including pets), vehicles or vehicle contents belonging to the hirer or any member of the party during their occupancy.
Craigmyle Estates Ltd reserves the right to refuse any booking and to cancel any bookings already made if the property is unavailable (e.g. through fire, flood, etc) for any reason whatsoever, subject to a full refund of all monies paid. The owner shall be under no other liability if such cancellation occurs.
Craigmyle Estates Ltd cannot accept responsibility or liability for any alterations, delay or cancellation or any other loss or damage caused by war, civil strife, terrorist action, industrial disputes, fire, sickness, bad weather, epidemics, acts of any government or public authority, changes imposed by re-scheduling of airlines or any other event outside our control.
The failure of Craigmyle Estates Ltd to enforce or exercise, at any time or for any period of time, any term of, or any right pursuant to this Agreement does not constitute and shall not be construed as a waiver of such term or right.
These booking conditions supersede all previous issues.